IUCN status for the species profiles?

A resting place of all suggestions, bugs and queries that have been dealt with.
MatsP

Re: IUCN status for the species profiles?

Post by MatsP »

Sorry, for the delay in responding here. I don't think we legally CAN "share" the IUCN data in any meaningful way [because the IUCN has rules about how you can use their data, and hosting a copy in a machine readable form on another site is not one of those things you are allowed to do].

So, I think we are doing what we canL:
display it on the data sheets, and the listing page for all species with an IUCH status

So, you can find all species with an IUCN status here:
http://www.aquaticrepublic.com/common/iucn_list.php

Now, it would be GREAT if the IUCN actually produced their data so that it's EASY to share their information, or if you could at least produce such a site without being in "legal trouble". But I can't change that, and whilst Jools is a better salesman than me, I doubt he can convince them either... If someone knows someone, personally, that work within the IUCN and are able to help out, I'm sure all the animals would be grateful!

(Oh, and new species are automatically updated once a week, so if a new species is added, it will, after up to a week, be updated to the it's current IUCN status - we still have to build a system to re-check species, but the IUCN isn't changing very quickly, and we've got their latest release already...)

--
Mats
tyrano34

Post by tyrano34 »

Thank you for the answer, if only the aquarists of world can share together.

I shared on several forums in the world and every time I discover of biotopes in danger.

Realistically, whether in France or anywhere in the world, our passion dies slowly, people are less passionate about the history of their fish.

That's why we need a leader who unites us all for that we show them that the responsible aquarist exist worldwide.
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Limited IUCn information has been added to all species profile. The source data isn't brilliant, but it's been added.

Jools
tyrano34

Post by tyrano34 »

Thank you, but if we do nothing, I fear that the future of our passion is in danger.

If you have a facebook let me invite you to join my group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/156116267918555/

see you soon
tyrano34

Post by tyrano34 »

Robot ?
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Just noting I have cleared out the spam from this thread.

Jools

Return to “Resolved Issues”